Do you want to introduce your kids to the richness of the Christian prayer tradition? The best way to do that is to pray with them, and now there’s a beautiful collection of Catholic prayers and meditations designed just for that purpose.
Introducing The Catholic Family Book of Prayers: A Treasury of Prayers and Meditations for Families to Pray Together from Peanut Butter & Grace. It’s packed with prayers, blessings, meditations, saintly wisdom, and artwork—all selected specifically for Catholic families to pray together.
What makes this prayer book especially useful for family prayer? Here are some of its outstanding features:
- All the basic prayers Catholic kids should know, plus many more, both traditional and new…about sixty prayers in all.
- Step-by-step guides to leading your family in various forms of meditative and contemplative prayer, including lectio divina, the examen, imaginative prayer, an examination of conscience, the rosary, and more.
- Beautiful art on every spread, so even kids who can’t read will have a way to focus their prayer.
- Short quotes from the wisdom of the saints and Church teaching are scattered throughout the book, offering older kids and teens little nuggets about how to pray, as well as the historical and liturgical context of Christian prayer.
- Available in affordable digital and softcover editions, so that every child can have a copy, as well as hardcover and premium hand-bound editions—perfect for gift-giving.
Among the prayers featured in The Catholic Family Book of Prayers are: Lasallian Practice of the Presence of God · Children’s Call to Prayer · St. Anselm’s Call to Prayer · Sign of the Cross · The Triple Sign of the Cross · Morning Prayer · A Short Morning Offering for Children · Canticle of Zechariah (Benedictus) · Angel of God · Morning Offering · This is the Day the Lord has Made (Psalm 118:24) · Prayer of Saint Francis · Lorica of St. Patrick (St. Patrick’s Breastplate) · Pied Beauty · The Apostles’ Creed · The Lord’s Prayer (Our Father) · Hail Mary · Glory Be to the Father (Lesser Doxology) · Gloria in Excelsis Deo (Great Doxology) · Confiteor (I Confess) · Come, Holy Spirit · Te Deum Laudamus (God, We Praise You) · Anima Christi · Prayer to St. Michael · Consecration to the Holy Family · Intercessory Prayers · Let Nothing Disturb You · Giving Thanks · Canticle of the Sun (A Song of St. Francis) · Simple Blessings · Blessing of Persons · Blessing of an Object · Blessing for Someone Who Is Sick · Aaron’s Blessing · Eternal Rest · Bless us, O Lord · Come, Lord Jesus · For Food, Faith, and Friends · Blessed are You, Lord · Grace after Meals · Regina Caeli · Angelus · Fiat (Luke 1:38) · Memorare · Litany of Loreto · Fatima Prayer · Hail, Holy Queen (Salve Regina) · The Rosary · Chaplet of Divine Mercy · Invocations and Scriptures for Meditation · Christian Meditation · Contemplation · Lectio Divina · Imaginative Prayer · An Examination of Conscience · Praying with Sacred Art · Daily Examen · Canticle of Mary (Magnificat) · Canticle of Simeon · Phos Hilaron · Canticle of the Three Youths (Daniel 3:57-90) · Watch, O Lord · Children’s Bedside Prayer · Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep · Pope Francis’s Five-Finger Prayer · Psalm 23
Digital PDF document formatted to fit two pages on standard letter-size paper (portrait).
Interior: full color, 70# paper
Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.5 x .25 inches
Weight: 5.4 ounces
Interior: full color, 70# paper
Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.5 x .375 inches
Weight: 10.3 ounces
details pending; see video below