Look for Peanut Butter & Grace at OSV
Our Sunday Visitor acquires Peanut Butter & Grace
We’re excited to share with you, our readers and customers, that Peanut Butter & Grace has been acquired by Our Sunday Visitor, an Indiana-based non-profit Catholic publisher whose motto—“Live the faith, change the world”—resonates deeply with the mission of Gracewatch Media. The change in ownership is part of a broader collaboration between Our Sunday Visitor and Gracewatch Media to help parents form their children in the Catholic faith.
Why the change?
We launched Peanut Butter & Grace in January 2015 with the mission of providing parents with easy ways to practice the faith with their kids. Since then, we’ve published dozens of books and more than one thousand articles, reaching tens of thousands of families. We’re deeply indebted to our customers, our patrons, and a small band of “angels” who provided substantial financial support through the years.
About a year ago, it became clear that in order to continue doing this good work, we either needed to raise a lot of money so we could hire more help, or find a more established, better-resourced partner. Our Sunday Visitor turned out to be a great fit. With a 107-year history of serving the Church, Our Sunday Visitor is one of the largest Catholic publishers in the United States, offering a wide variety of print and online publications, books, curriculum resources, and services, including the Teaching Catholic Kids website (“Family faith on the go!”). Moreover, its OSV Institute makes substantial grants to Catholic parishes, dioceses, and apostolates. Since 2017, the Institute has invested in three priorities: re-captivating millennials, the Hispanic experience, and supporting parents. The OSV Institute is committed to “supporting organizations and programs that provide resources, education, relief, emotional support and faith building to young Catholic parents.” (See the full statement on their website.) The Institute has a number of exciting initiatives already underway or in the works, and that makes it great organization to expand and extend the work we began with Peanut Butter & Grace.
What does this move mean for your favorite Peanut Butter & Grace books and digital content?
Look for Peanut Butter & Grace website content to migrate over to OSV’s Teaching Catholic Kids website and social media platforms in the coming months. If you want to keep getting Peanut Butter & Grace content along with content from Teaching Catholic Kids, please follow Teaching Catholic Kids on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. The Peanut Butter & Grace channels on these platforms will eventually be discontinued.
The PB & Grace Parents Facebook group will continue on in one form or another, either as part of OSV or as its own stand-alone community for Catholic parents.
In mid-May, the Family Time e-mail newsletter will come to an end, but subscribers can sign up for the Teaching Catholic Kids newsletter (sign up here). Peanut Butter & Grace content will be in the mix of the Teaching Catholic Kids newsletter, along with new content from OSV, free downloads, and more.
Many Peanut Butter & Grace books, meanwhile, will be published by Our Sunday Visitor as part of its plan to increase its offering to families—a move that will make those books available to a much wider audience than we could ever reach. Those books will be temporarily unavailable while OSV works on printing them under a new “brand” name. Once they are available, look for them at OSV or wherever books are sold. You will also be able to navigate to each book’s new catalog page at OSV directly from the Gracewatch Media store.
What’s next for Gracewatch?
What’s next for Gracewatch Media? We’ll continue selling the books we’ve retained, and rolling out the new books and resources we had planned for 2019, including:
A Child’s Field Guide to Angels
Catholic Family Devotions
MISSION:Family (a handy guide to developing your family’s mission statement)
A Kid’s Book of Catholic Missions
The Catholic Family Hearthbook (a journal for family prayer time)
The Cooking with Catholic Kids Recipe Book
…and a few other surprises.
Some of these books may be acquired by OSV outright; others will be distributed under the Gracewatch name via the OSV Catholic Bookstore. And in 2020, we’re looking forward to circling back to one of our founding ideas, documenting God’s grace at work in the world, by re-launching the Gracewatch.org website.
Before we close, we’d like to thank you, our readers and customers, for your generous support and encouragement over the years. We’d also like to thank our authors and digital contributors, many of whom received little or no compensation but did the work anyway for the love of Christ. Any good that we’ve produced over the years has been the fruit of a real community effort, and God’s good providence.
More questions answered…
What books have been acquired by OSV? What books are staying with Gracewatch Media?
The following books have been acquired by Our Sunday Visitor, and will be available from OSV in the coming months:
- Be Yourself! A Journal for Catholic Girls
- The Little Flower: A Parable of St. Therese of Lisieux
- The Gift of Invitation: 7 Ways That Jesus Invites You to a Life of Grace (Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #1)
- Exploring the Catholic Classics: How Spiritual Reading Can Help You Grow in Wisdom (Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #2)
- Invite the Holy Spirit into Your Life: Grow in Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control (Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #3)
- Lectio Divina for Teens: Reading God’s Messages to You
- My First Communion Journal
- Blessed Is the Fruit of Thy Womb: Rosary Reflections on Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss
- Stations of the Cross for Children
- Molly McBride and the Purple Habit (softcover)
- Molly McBride and the Party Invitation
- Molly McBride and the Plaid Jumper
- The Complete Illuminated Rosary: An Illustrated Rosary Book for Kids and Their Families
- The Joyful Mysteries: An Illustrated Rosary Book for Kids and Their Families
- The Luminous Mysteries: An Illustrated Rosary Book for Kids and Their Families
- The Sorrowful Mysteries: An Illustrated Rosary Book for Kids and Their Families
- The Glorious Mysteries: An Illustrated Rosary Book for Kids and Their Families
- The Catholic Family Book of Prayers
- Flowers for Jesus
- Paddy and the Wolves: A Story about St. Patrick as a Boy
- The Children’s Little Advent Book
- The All Saints’ Day Party
- La Florecita de Jesús: Una Parábola de Santa Teresita Del Niño Jesús
- Living Sparks of God: Stories of Saints for Catholic Kids to Color
- The Gift of Birth: Discerning God’s Presence During Childbirth
- Little Lessons from St. Therese of Lisieux: An Introduction to Her Words and Wisdom
- Paddy and the Wolves: A Coloring Book about St. Patrick as a Boy
- Sense of the Sacred: Illuminated Book of Catholic Prayers
- Sense of the Sacred: A Coloring Book for Young Illuminators
- The Way of the Cross Journal for Children
- In the Realm of Mist and Mercy
- In the Realm of Mist and Mercy Lesson Plans
- In the Silence of the Stone [book 2, Mist and Mercy]
- I Can Be Happy, Too
- 67 Ways to Do the Works of Mercy with Your Kids
The following Gracewatch titles are forthcoming from OSV later this year:
- Dorothy Day and the Great Quake: A Story about Dorothy Day as a Girl
- Becoming Holy, One Virtue at a Time: A Guide to Living the Theological and Cardinal Virtues (Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #4)
- Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #5 (not yet titled)
- Stay Connected Journals for Catholic Women #6
- Just Be You! A Journal for Catholic Boys
- In the Silence of the Stone Lesson Plans
And the following titles, along with several PDF downloads, will continue to be available from Gracewatch Media:
- 77 Ways to Pray with Your Kids
- Sydney and Calvin Have a Baby
- Little Lessons from St. Francis of Assisi: A Prayer for Peace
- Turning Grief Upside Down:
Can I still purchase books from Gracewatch Media?
Our Sunday Visitor has graciously given us permission to sell our remaining inventory of the books OSV acquired. These books will be available until they are out of stock. Sorry, we are unable to backorder out-of-stock books.
Our Sunday Visitor will have the same titles available (in softcover editions only) over the next few months. Once they’re available, the Gracewatch Media store will direct you to each book’s new catalog page at OSV.
Other Gracewatch books and digital products will continue to be sold from the Gracewatch Media store. Sign up for our occasional newsletter to learn about new offerings from Gracewatch Media.
Will Gracewatch continue to provide customer service for my book order?
We’ll continue to offer customer service, including returns, for all books for 45 days from the purchase date. E-mail us at [email protected] for customer service help or additional questions.
What about my Patreon sponsorship?
We’re recommending that Gracewatch Patreon patrons end their Patreon sponsorship with us. Your patronage helped us defray the cost of our digital offerings, including our website, social media channels, Family Time newsletter, and free digital downloads. With the sale of Peanut Butter & Grace to Our Sunday Visitor, those funds are no longer needed for that purpose.
If you choose to continue your Patreon sponsorship with us, those dollars will go toward re-launching Gracewatch.org in 2020 as we circle back around to our core mission of evangelization through storytelling.
Unredeemed Patreon perks, including discount coupons, may be redeemed for available product until April 30. Alternatively, you may request a cash payout for your unredeemed discount coupons.